Language Group Contact Professors
Language Assistants (LA):
Shea House Government
Communications/Media: Philip Liberato, Catherine Fu
Duties: development and maintenance of a house website, e-mailing the house concerning Board proceedings, archiving of these e-mails for house records, house publicity, taking meeting notes/minutes. Satellite television programming, obtaining subscriptions to print and electronic media in the House languages, other media issues.
Cultural Convergence: Alexander Webb, Saman Ehsan
Duties: organizing cultural programming beyond the scope of a single language group, possible development of a house library.
Financial: Yanre Wu
Duties: budget proposal incorporating suggestions of all residents, managing house budget, raising general funds.
Social: Lorey-Eileen Geary, Michelle Wu
Duties: organizing parties, organizing service events, coordinating intramural sports.
The House Constitution
This is a student created and amended document that serves to:
- facilitate linguistic immersion in one of several selected world languages
- promote culture consistent with the experience of speakers of that language
- increase awareness and understanding of global culture, especially of the represented languages
Take a look and see how this government runs!
- Shea House is a total language immersion environment
- It is conveniently located 5 minutes away from central grounds
- Students are provided with full laundy facilities, central heating and air conditioning, high-speed Ethernet connections in each room, asn spacious common areas
- Food is provided by ARAMARK mon-thurs dinners
- An in-house kitchen is available for use by residents
- UVA Housing Division spent over three and a half million dollars on this new building
- The residents are friendly and fun